9.03.2010

To Seek

The winds of time blow, slowly evaporating into the background of history.  What is it we all strive to seek, to find, to discover.  I stand at the precipice of a deep canyon and yearn to see the other side, a building thunderstorm obscures my view and I am left with emptiness of thought.  Why is it we continue to search the valleys of our soul for answers that may not be there.  I turn to the trees, the clouds, the rocks for understanding of the thing I cannot find from within.  My eyes continue to guide me deep into the recesses of creativity ever present before me, slightly out of reach, mocking me to answer it's call.  For what am I to do but give you the child of my work, born of interpretation of scene, balanced by tone and light.  Into the complex duality of life I find myself creeping deeper, hunting for the meaning of it all through the simple act of photographing trees while sitting on a fragrant patch of moss.  Perhaps there are no answers, only understanding.

No comments: