12.21.2009

Close Proximity

Living in San Francisco I take for grant-it that there are a myriad of beautiful places minutes from leaving the city.  After writing emails, marketing notes and to-do lists all morning I had to break away to shoot and headed just North of the bridge to a gorgeous valley called Tennessee Valley; a long, open, roadless valley that empties into the Pacific Ocean.  Native grasses, Pines and Cypress trees dot the landscape while distant screams of marsh hawks and the silent soaring of the Turkey Vulture makes you forget you're just minutes from one of the busiest metropolitan areas of the country.  Needless to say I fell into a deep calm sat and watched the water more than I ended up shooting.  Which is probably why I carried a friendly little tick home with me buried in my belly, he was promptly found and excavated while traversing the Golden Gate Bridge on my way home.  I love all of nature, the weird and the serene!





1 comment:

Sam said...

Beautiful area! What's with you and ticks?