10.20.2009

Northwest Autumn Revitalization

Crisp mornings, stormy afternoons, leaves raining, wood fire aroma, Autumn is wonderful and it's even more wonderful getting to spend a piece of it in the roots of my origin, Washington.  I traveled North to the small town of Bellingham to spend time with my folks and my brother.  Did more walking, chopping, coffee and laughing than I did shooting, but was able to squeeze in a few quick jaunts up to the North Cascades. After hiking for a little over an hour we came up to this amazing ridge line with expansive vistas of Mt Baker and Mt Shuksan.

We stayed up photographing past sunset and wandered back in the dark with the most brilliant dispay of stars I'd seen in a long time. A few days later I wandered back and photographed a beautiful waterfall in the same area.  Being buried in the wet, mossy forests makes me miss the Northwest, with its drizzle and slugs, coffee houses and evergreens it will always be home for me regardless of where I reside.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Being in Bellingham for the start of Fall was revitalizing.