2.12.2010

New Directions

I've decided focus on a new commercial direction with my photography, architecture photography.  I feel it could be a wonderful commercial outlet for this humble landscape artist.  After all it's essentially urban landscape, using a lot of the same techniques as photographing the natural environment.  San Francisco is a hotbed of cool architecture; classic, contemporary and ancient.  I plan on taking full advantage of this.  This is one area of photography I never considered.  I had always envisioned my commercial outlet to be a combination of nature and people, but as the years have gone by I've photographed thousands of landscapes but no people.  Unequivocally telling me perhaps I don't like to photograph people.  The brain can be such a powerfully manipulating device.  So far it's been fantastically interesting and I'll post fresh images as I shoot them.  The morning after thinking about this I went out and photographed a few buildings at sunrise, nothing spectacular, but as I grow into this new role I think they'll be getting much better.  Landscape artist, architecture photographer.
                                 The Academy of Sciences Building
Cheers All!

No comments: