2.08.2010

A Park Bouquet

I love to shoot these images.  Because of the extreme proximity, each shot is like a tiny studio setup, but outdoors.  Shot in all lighting conditions it easy to manipulate the light with small reflectors, gobos, flashes and diffusion scrims.  The compositions become about simple color patterns, focus shifts and graphic elements within each plant.  I meditatively treat the process by wandering around with all my gear, no set direction or place.  It's all about being outside, finding the inspirations in the little things and having fun with shape and color.  So, here's a splash of it to lighten your day.

2 comments:

Ian and Matilda said...

Your pictures of the dried leafs still clinging to their branches really drew me in. We often look to fall and the color changes it brings, but few of us focus on the individual leafs responsible for one of nature's seasonal palette changes.

Haunting, beautiful images.

Sam said...

I agree with Ian and Matilda. The last photo of the dried leaf is stunning. It reminds me of life's journey and in the end it's stillness is beautiful and has a focus on it's wealth of meaning.